Set up BLF
BLF stands for Busy Lamp Field. This is used to monitor the state of a certain user.
- 1.Find your phone’s IP address by clicking on Menu > 1 Status > IP Address. Your IP address will look similar to this example: 192.168.8.8. Make sure to record this address.
- 2.At this point, you are finished with the phone. In your web browser, type the IP address found in the first step.
- 3.Log into the Yealink phone web interface using username “admin” and password “admin”.
Follow the Steps:
- 1.Navigate to DSSKey
- 2.Choose a line key you to associate with the extension you want to monitor. In this example we are using line 1 for extension 113 labeled “Test”
To add a visual or audio alert to the BLF button, navigate to Features.
- To add a visual alert to the BLF button, enable “Alert for BLF pickup” This will change the display on the phone and show you the caller ID to that BLF extension.
- To add an audio alert, “Audio alert for BLF” will need to be enabled. This will alert the person monitoring the BLF button that there is an incoming call to that BLF extension.
Click Confirm to save and apply.
When configured, the LEDs should light up accordingly.
- Solid Green means extension is available. Press BLF key to dial extension.
- Solid Red means the extension is on a call
- Blinking red means the extension is receiving a phone call. Press BLF key to perform pick-up.