In this section, manage all the phone numbers in your account.
Go to Manage Phone System - > Manage Phone Numbers.
Cebod Telecom lets you buy phone numbers for any city, town or state. Every phone line purchased comes with one free local or toll-free phone number. Additional phone numbers can be bought at a nominal fee.
The system allows you to search phone numbers by city, state, or phone number.
For example, if you have 5 phone lines in your account, then you get up to 5 free phone numbers. Any additional phone numbers can be purchased at a nominal price.
Buy New Number: Here you can buy a new phone number. To do so, click on “Buy New.”
Then select Country and State. A list of available phone numbers in the selected state will appear. If there are several numbers available, then, use area code and, or NPA for a more detailed search.
Then select the number/s and click on “Purchase”. The next page will show the total cost for the numbers being purchased. Add the numbers to the cart and purchase them using the existing credit in your account, or with a credit card.
Call Routing: These are the options for Editing a Phone Number.
- 1.Select one number and click on the “Edit” button in front of the number. New window will pop up in the right side of the screen.
- 2.Select specific phone numbers and click on “Edit Selection” box.
- 3.Click on “Edit All”, to update all the phone numbers in the account.
Select Time Based Routing or Direct Routing:
- 1.Direct routing-The number is routed to same call path 24x7x365. You can always come back and change the routing.
- 2.Time based routing – Incoming calls can be routed to an IVR during office hours, routed to a voicemail during off office hours, routed to cell phone, home number etc. or a different IVR to provide off hours support.
Select Destination Type: Cebod Telecom allows many options on how to handle the calls.
It can be as simple as forwarding to an extension, or can be as complex as forwarded to a multi-level IVR. Possible Destination types are:
- 1.Extension: Connect to a user extension. Page 22 Fax: Forward the phone number to a traditional fax machine using an adaptor (ATA) to convert VOIP to traditional phone line. The adaptor such as Cisco SPA-122 , Grandstream HT-701 are sold separately.
- 2.Email to Fax: Choosing this destination type, allows you to configure electronic fax (paperless fax to an email).
- 3.Direct to VM: Direct the call to the voicemail.
- 4.Call Conference: Forward the call on a specific number to a conference bridge.
- 5.Call Group (Ring): Forward the call to group of extensions. The incoming call can ring all the extension simultaneously (Ring All) or or sequentially.
- 6.Call Queue: Every new call is in placed in the queue and is answered by the next available representative or employee as soon as their extension becomes free. This feature allows you to never miss a call.
- 7.IVR: Forward the call to an auto recipient, who will provide different options to the caller to help reach the right person or department. The caller can listen to different options and press the assigned key to reach the desired department. For example, press 1 for sales, press 2 for support etc.
- 8.Call Forward: Simply forward the call to a cell phone number or a home number or any other desired phone number.
- 9.Dial by Name: Call will be forwarded to Dial by Name directory, created by the phone system to help the caller to reach the desired person within the company. Phone system will check the existing extensions and create a directory on the fly.
- 10.Call Center: If you are using Call Center Module from Cebod Telecom, the number can be forwarded to a Call Center. You can have multiple call centers queues. For example, one for Sales and one for Support.
- 11.Trunk: (For Advanced users only): Forward the call to another PBX. Here you can forward the call to an IP address of a registered SIP account for that PBX.
- 12.Hang-up: Save the phone number for later use without answering the call by simply putting the destination type, hang-up.
- 13.Group Description: Put phone numbers in groups for multiple offices. For example, numbers from the East Coast can be in East Coast Group. Later, you can search the numbers based on Group Description.
Select Destination: Based on the destination type, the system will prompt you to choose from possible destination options. If you choose a destination type that has no destination available, system will prompt you to create a destination before you setup routing.
For example, if you have not created any Group, then you won’t be able to select “Call Group” as possible destination type.
Special Routing: Phone system allows you to create a Toll Call path for call coming from special number.
For example, calls from a very important customer should be connected to the president of the company. Add as many special routings you want. You can add special routing on any number from any caller ID. Once you click on “Add Special Routing”, you will again get the same routing options: Time Condition, Direct Destination Type, or Destination.
Editing Multiple Numbers: It can be very time consuming if you have to manage routing for each number. You can select multiple numbers and click on Edit at the top. (Note: “Edit All” will update routing for all the numbers in your account.).